Yava kshar is an alkaline Ayurvedic formulation prepared from Yava or barley. To make Yava kshar, the whole plant of barley or yava (Hordeum vulgare) is dried, burnt to ash in the open air, then ash is added to water and left overnight. The sedimented part is discarded and decanted clear liquid is filtered many times, then this clear liquid is heated and the solid powder that remains at the bottom of the vessel is called Yava kshar. Yav Kshar helps in maintaining Healthy Digestive System.
- It should be avoided in males, who are taking medicines for infertility, as it may affect the quality and quantity of sperm production.
- It is better to avoid it in bleeding disorders, high Pitta conditions as it is hot, piercing, and strong in nature.
- It may cause a burning sensation in high doses.
- It should be avoided in pregnancy and lactating mothers.
- Always use Yava kshar under strict medical supervision.